Frequently asked questions on Agra
How can I reach Agra from Delhi?
- If you are a group of travelers, then we will suggest you to hire a cab from Delhi to Agra.
- As a solo traveler you can take a Volvo bus from Delhi; there is AC as well as non AC buses.
- You can also go from Delhi to Agra by train, to book train you can either contact a travel agent or simply visit New Delhi Railway Station. There is a separate VIP area for foreign nationals to book their ticket for train journeys in India. You can book your Delhi Agra train by filling up a simple form there. You can also book your train from IRCTC official website (www.irctc.co.in).
- There is no flight option to take from Delhi to Agra
How many days are required to visit Agra?
What is Agra famous for?
- The Taj Mahal, one of the seven wonders of the World (UNESCO World Heritage Site)
- Agra Fort
- Petha (it is an Indian sweet)
- Agra’s culture and food (especially if you are a meat lover, you will get some spicy mutton in Agra)
- Mohabbat -E-Taj show, we will recommend you to keep this in your itinerary if you are a theatre lover. If you want to know more about Taj Mahal’s history and the love story of Mughal Emporer Shah Jahan and his wife Mumtaz Mahal then you should watch this show. If you want to know more about this show then contact us by clicking here.
Can I visit inside Taj Mahal?
What to do in Agra?
- Visit The Taj Mahal, one of the seven wonders of the World (UNESCO World Heritage Site) (Friday closed)
- Visit Agra Fort (UNESCO World Heritage Site)
- View sunset from Mehtab Bagh
- Watch Mohabba-E-Taj Show
- Shop Jaipur Rugs
- Shop souvenirs
Where is Agra in India?
What are my Delhi to Agra train options?
Following are the top 5 Delhi to Agra train options you can take in 2020 from Delhi
- Taj Express , Train Code –12280
- LJN Swarn Shatabdi, Train Code – 12004
- Kalka Mail, Trian Code 12312
- Bhopal Shatabdi, Train Code – 12002
- Gatimaan Exp, Train Code – 12050
To see the complete list of Delhi to Agra trains please visit official website of Indian Railways at www.irctc.co.in. Foreign citizens can also book trains online from this website as per their convenient time to leave for Agra from Delhi.